Our HIKING & TRAIL RUNNING CLUB is open to everyone regardless of age and fitness. We meet once a month, on the Hiking on Second Saturday of each month & Trail Running on the Fourth Saturday of each month (unless otherwise noted). Our events take place at different trails around the city and are always within an hour drive of Shepherd Church. We have 3 different experience levels that range from the casual and beginner hiker to the more experienced and fit hikers. Our Trail Running events require at minimum a decent fitness level. Every outing will include group leaders and sweepers so that no one will get lost or left behind. Our goal is to make sure that everyone has an amazing experience and is able to connect with God’s creation in a fun and faith based environment.
Hiking - Winter Break
Our Hiking Club is on a short break and we'll be back with our scheduled monthly hikes soon.
Follow us on Facebook for Hiking News & Updates
Directions & Parking
New to our Hiking/Trail Running Club? Save time by registering and signing your waiver now. It's Free!
Want to help lead this NEW ministry?
- Join our STRAVA Run/Walk/Hike Club
- Get the Newsletter below (be sure to click Hiking)
What to Expect:·
- Beginner: 0/2-3 Miles within 2 hours - 0/500ft+
- Intermediate: 0/5-6 Miles within 2 hours - 0/1000ft+
- Advanced: 0/8-12 Miles within 3 hours - 0/2000ft+
What to Bring:
- Hydration: Water + Electrolytes (Minimum 40oz. Recommended 60-70oz)
- Nutrition: Gu, Chomps, Cliff Bars (Recommend at least 3-4 items. Eat 1 item every hour)
- Sun Protection -Sun Screen Lotion -Lip Balm -Sunglasses -Hat
- Good Trail Shoes
- Navigation (Download Offline maps from Google)*not necessary but recommended
- Radio(s)*not necessary but recommended
- Hydration Pack*not necessary but recommended
- Fully Charged Phone (so you can take awesome pictures & videos)
Chumash to Rocky Peak
Piuma to Saddle Peak
Backbone Kanan to Latigo
Victor Trailhead Loop (loop depends on level)
Hummingbird Trail - Rocky Peak
Ministry Contact: Mike Lord | firstname.lastname@example.org | 858.598.7462