Our HIKING CLUB is open to everyone regardless of age and fitness. We meet once a month, on the Second Saturday of each month (unless otherwise noted). Our hikes take place at different trails around the city and are always within an hour drive of Shepherd Church. We have 3 different experience levels that range from the casual and beginner hiker to the more experienced and fit hikers. Every hike will include group leaders and sweepers so that no one will get lost or left behind. Our goal is to make sure that everyone has an amazing experience and is able to connect with God’s creation in a fun and faith based environment.
- Trail Run - Sept 22
- Hiking - Oct 13
September 22 - Trail Run
This month we will be starting a new Trail Running ministry. The average lengths of these runs will be 8-10 miles at a very moderate pace. This is not a race but do expect to get your heart pumping and your body sweating. The average time of each event will be 2 hours. We plan to meet every 4th weekend of the month.
Date: Saturday, September 22 (4th Saturday)
Time: 7:30am (summer starting time)
Place: Limekiln Canyon & Aliso Canyon
Shepherd Church - Pillars Cafe
19700 Rinaldi Street
Porter Ranch, CA 91326
Distance: 8.48 miles
Estimated Time: 2:00
Route Map: https://www.strava.com/routes/15414958
About Limekiln Canyon & Aliso Canyon:
Limekiln Canyon and Aliso Canyon are maintained nature areas in the Porter Ranch area. If you want to get to experience the outdoors without having to leave the city this is a unique opportunity. The trails are frequented by families and joggers. Tons are trees are present to provide shade in the rolling hills from end to end of each trail.
Follow our event on FaceBook for updates and latest news for this trail running event:
Dogs are welcome! They must be kept on a leash.
There is tons of free parking at the church so feel free to park where you wish :)
New to our Hiking/Trail Running Club? Save time by registering and signing your waiver now. It's Free!
Want to help lead this NEW ministry?
- Join our STRAVA Run/Walk/Hike Club
- Get the Newsletter below (be sure to click Hiking)
What to Expect:·
- Beginner: 0/2-3 Miles within 2 hours - 0/500ft+
- Intermediate: 0/5-6 Miles within 2 hours - 0/1000ft+
- Advanced: 0/8-12 Miles within 3 hours - 0/2000ft+
What to Bring:
- Hydration: Water + Electrolytes (Minimum 40oz. Recommended 60-70oz)
- Nutrition: Gu, Chomps, Cliff Bars (Recommend at least 3-4 items. Eat 1 item every hour)
- Sun Protection -Sun Screen Lotion -Lip Balm -Sunglasses -Hat
- Good Trail Shoes
- Navigation (Download Offline maps from Google)*not necessary but recommended
- Radio(s)*not necessary but recommended
- Hydration Pack*not necessary but recommended
- Fully Charged Phone (so you can take awesome pictures & videos)
Chumash to Rocky Peak
Piuma to Saddle Peak
Backbone Kanan to Latigo
Victor Trailhead Loop (loop depends on level)
Hummingbird Trail - Rocky Peak
Ministry Contact: Mike Lord | firstname.lastname@example.org | 858.598.7462