Our HIKING & TRAIL RUNNING CLUB is open to everyone regardless of age and fitness. We meet once a month, on the Hiking on Second Saturday of each month & Trail Running on the Fourth Saturday of each month (unless otherwise noted). Our events take place at different trails around the city and are always within an hour drive of Shepherd Church. We have 3 different experience levels that range from the casual and beginner hiker to the more experienced and fit hikers. Our Trail Running events require at minimum a decent fitness level. Every outing will include group leaders and sweepers so that no one will get lost or left behind. Our goal is to make sure that everyone has an amazing experience and is able to connect with God’s creation in a fun and faith based environment.
Hiking - November 10
NOTE - Change of trails because of the fires -
INFO BELOW IS CORRECT
For this hike we will be going to the Veterans Park in Sylmar. This trail does have steep elevation but does not have any technical features. All ages and fitness levels are invited and encouraged!
This is a great outdoor experience to bring your friends, family, and your dog! If you would like to experience an amazing hiking experience with amazing people please join the Shepherd Hiking Ministry!
Follow us on Facebook for Hiking News & Updates
Date: Saturday, November 10
Time: 8:00am (meet at trailhead)
Place: 13000 Sayre St, Sylmar, CA 91342
Meeting Location: https://goo.gl/maps/mQPxq3HAcXD2
We will meet at the trailhead by the fence. Please refer to location map.
About Veterans Park
Veteran's Park Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Los Angeles, California. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.
Take the 118 East
210 West towards Sacramento
Exit Hubbard and turn Right and go 1.2 miles
Left onto Simshaw Ave (0.3 miles)
Right onto Sayre St. (0.2 miles)
Parking is free. There is a main parking lot and lots of parking along the road.
New to our Hiking/Trail Running Club? Save time by registering and signing your waiver now. It's Free!
Want to help lead this NEW ministry?
- Join our STRAVA Run/Walk/Hike Club
- Get the Newsletter below (be sure to click Hiking)
What to Expect:·
- Beginner: 0/2-3 Miles within 2 hours - 0/500ft+
- Intermediate: 0/5-6 Miles within 2 hours - 0/1000ft+
- Advanced: 0/8-12 Miles within 3 hours - 0/2000ft+
What to Bring:
- Hydration: Water + Electrolytes (Minimum 40oz. Recommended 60-70oz)
- Nutrition: Gu, Chomps, Cliff Bars (Recommend at least 3-4 items. Eat 1 item every hour)
- Sun Protection -Sun Screen Lotion -Lip Balm -Sunglasses -Hat
- Good Trail Shoes
- Navigation (Download Offline maps from Google)*not necessary but recommended
- Radio(s)*not necessary but recommended
- Hydration Pack*not necessary but recommended
- Fully Charged Phone (so you can take awesome pictures & videos)
Chumash to Rocky Peak
Piuma to Saddle Peak
Backbone Kanan to Latigo
Victor Trailhead Loop (loop depends on level)
Hummingbird Trail - Rocky Peak
Ministry Contact: Mike Lord | firstname.lastname@example.org | 858.598.7462