Our HIKING & TRAIL RUNNING CLUB is open to everyone regardless of age and fitness. We meet once a month, on the Hiking on Second Saturday of each month & Trail Running on the Fourth Saturday of each month (unless otherwise noted). Our events take place at different trails around the city and are always within an hour drive of Shepherd Church. We have 3 different experience levels that range from the casual and beginner hiker to the more experienced and fit hikers. Our Trail Running events require at minimum a decent fitness level. Every outing will include group leaders and sweepers so that no one will get lost or left behind. Our goal is to make sure that everyone has an amazing experience and is able to connect with God’s creation in a fun and faith based environment.
Hiking - December 8
Shepherd Sports Hiking Ministry is at it again on Saturday December 8 at 8am! Our hikes are open to everyone of all ages, fitness levels, and even your dog! The only requirement is your passion to experience the outdoors with amazing people.
Follow us on Facebook for Hiking News & Updates
Date: Saturday, December 8
Time: 8:00am (meet at trailhead)
Place: 2980 Kuehner Dr. Simi Valley, CA 93063
Meeting Location: https://goo.gl/maps/GiQAGL8fevF2
Directions & Parking
Hummingbird is located in Simi Valley. From the 118 Freeway, take the Kuehner Drive exit and head north (left if you’re coming from the west, right if from the east). Parking is located at the meeting point. You can either park on Kuehner at trailhead or at the small dirt parking lot on Mt. Sinai.
Hummingbird Trail is a 3.7 mile out and back trail located near Simi Valley, California. This is a shared trail used by hikers, trail runners, and mountain bikers. Dogs are welcome to join but MUST be kept on a leash.
New to our Hiking/Trail Running Club? Save time by registering and signing your waiver now. It's Free!
Want to help lead this NEW ministry?
- Join our STRAVA Run/Walk/Hike Club
- Get the Newsletter below (be sure to click Hiking)
What to Expect:·
- Beginner: 0/2-3 Miles within 2 hours - 0/500ft+
- Intermediate: 0/5-6 Miles within 2 hours - 0/1000ft+
- Advanced: 0/8-12 Miles within 3 hours - 0/2000ft+
What to Bring:
- Hydration: Water + Electrolytes (Minimum 40oz. Recommended 60-70oz)
- Nutrition: Gu, Chomps, Cliff Bars (Recommend at least 3-4 items. Eat 1 item every hour)
- Sun Protection -Sun Screen Lotion -Lip Balm -Sunglasses -Hat
- Good Trail Shoes
- Navigation (Download Offline maps from Google)*not necessary but recommended
- Radio(s)*not necessary but recommended
- Hydration Pack*not necessary but recommended
- Fully Charged Phone (so you can take awesome pictures & videos)
Chumash to Rocky Peak
Piuma to Saddle Peak
Backbone Kanan to Latigo
Victor Trailhead Loop (loop depends on level)
Hummingbird Trail - Rocky Peak
Ministry Contact: Mike Lord | firstname.lastname@example.org | 858.598.7462